Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Notes from a Filmmaker: Feb. 8th, 2009

Let the story play out
Current mood: surprised

When we first started this film we thought our target audience would be "fan boys". Young 18 to 35 year old men who like comic books and movies based on them. Fan boys and our friends.


Now, some people reading this may know I appear on a XM/Sirius show from time to time. If you don't know, I do and end up fighting with a producer on the show almost all the time. It's replaced speaking for us.

Anyway, I find out that he had viewed a copy of my film meant to be in a "prize closet". Initially I was upset, thinking he was just planning on attacking the film to continue our storyline but low and behold...in a sincere and serious tone...he admitted he loved it. That may have been the most surprising response to this film I have ever had.

Later that night I had received a call from a middle aged woman who really loved the film. She had said that it reminded her of her childhood. This is the second time a woman in this age group has said this to me.

I'm looking forward to hear more reactions pro and against. It's interesting figuring out who will be our "real" target audience. We may be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment