Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Notes from a filmmaker Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Notes from a filmmaker Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Three weeks in
Current mood:PROUD
Well, three weeks into this movie and I have to say things look amazing. More importantly and interestingly we have had massive problems that should shut down days but become a rally cry for us. Loss of locations have been rampant in this production but every replacement has been better than the last. We bounce back quick as a team and regroup quickly.

I have seen more pride and determination in these kids than in any production I have ever been associated with. CYPHER or outside work. Most people have gone beyond their jobs and have made this movie a collective vision, where sound, lights, camera, music and talent all merge and feed from each other. Never, and I can not stress, never have I seen a room of such varied people, growing towards each other and sharing ideas and fears. Never have I watched such a mix of chance, preparation and talent come together so well.

My only regret is that we will have to one day finish this. I love making movies but I have never had a film who's world I want to stay with. I have never had actors who grow so much that I have to anticipate how much further I can push them. I have to constantly realize that tonight they will be stronger than this morning and can do more because of the strength of the other people around them feeding them.

I try to find my actors limits in rehearsals and I thought I had. Now I find that my cast and crew are only limited by my imagination. I am forced to step up the scenes and my direction take by take. Not scene by scene or day by day. Strangers falling in love with each other is an amazing feeling to watch and will show in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment