Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Notes from a filmmaker:Thursday, Jan 29th, 2009

Waiting sucks
Current mood: Chilly.

After I made my first film ("EYES OF NY"), 11 years ago, I thought I had caught lightning in a bottle. I showed everyone every stage of the film. Over and over again and sold a bunch of copies of a movie I probably shouldn't have promoted so much, lol. I still love EYES to this day but recognize how much we have grown. Here's "EYES OF NY"


Now though I have another movie I love but the process is so different. "Waiting" is the major theme of this process. Right now, we're waiting for festival confirmations so that we can figure out what our major promotional plan will be. In the past we could just start screenings around New York but festivals want premieres and we want festivals for this film.

The irony is that we want to self distribute. Most cats at festivals want a deal. We want to qualify for the Spirit awards as well as promote the film nationally. It's so hard to wait for other people. This film has been an intensely personal trial and to not go show it to the world right now is so hard. I want to fill the trunk of our cars with DVD's and go traveling around this country. But they say good things come to those who wait and we've been waiting, lol.

Come on over good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment