Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Notes from a filmmaker...March 2006

Notes from a filmmaker...March 2006
"Wow, cops only see a black man".
Current mood: ANGRY!
This is what happened on the day I deposited the budget for this film.

So months of story boards, auditions, medical treatments and other exhausting events. let me tell you what happened to me today. All the old people in my neighborhood greet me as I go to the bank because it was where I grew up. I got there and deposited our entire budget (which is more money than I have ever handled) into the bank. My bank people know me well and got excited about the movie and everything. I was flying high.

I walk back to my parents house to see my grandmother but stop to see friends on my block. No one answers so I keep it moving. As I walk out of the driveway. A black Impala rolls up slowly and stops in front of me. My pig detector goes off and I think Fuck.

"Sir can you approach the vehicle"... I've heard this before.

The moral of the story is no matter what I do and try to achieve in this world these fuckers are always going to see me as "fitting the description". God I hate cops!

Just venting
Franklyn

A month later we start shooting. Happy day! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment